Your go-to guide to tax, accounting and business admin.
"I could not recommend Easy As VAT enough if you struggle with bookkeeping/finances as a small biz or blogger!"
- Charlotte, Colours & Carousels
There are two things that business owners tell me that they really struggle with.
The first is that while they're a genius in their chosen area of business, they don't feel very confident handling the behind the scenes of running it. You know, filing tax returns, keeping track of their money and invoicing clients - all that less than glamorous but very, very important stuff.
The second is that there isn't a helpful, easy to understand guide to tell them exactly what they need to do.
And both of these things can lead to those awful, niggling feelings that you're doing everything wrong, that you aren't capable of running your business properly and that maybe you aren't cut out for this entrepreneur thing.
Stop right there.
That guide I mentioned earlier, the one that will tell you everything you need to know to keep your business running?
This is it.
Easy Numbers will provide all the information you need to know to run your UK business legally and effectively through four modules of short but in-depth lessons and tons of free resources for you to use in your business.
The lessons are in video format and can be accessed in any order - meaning you can watch lessons when they apply to you and follow along with them.
The information included in this course is super easy to follow and understand, so if you've ever found yourself stressing out about filing your tax return or confused about which expenses you can actually claim, you need this course.
By the end of this course you will:
- Have a solid plan to set out your business goals and how to reach them.
- Have professional, branded contract and invoice templates to send to your clients.
- Feel confident dealing with tax and filing your tax return.
- Finally have all the knowledge you need to deal with the “behind the scenes” areas of self-employment.
- You’ll leave with time-saving systems in place to give you more time to focus on your business instead of admin!
Save yourself hours of research, confusion and throwing documents together haphazardly and enrol in Easy Numbers now for access to everything you need to know about admin, accountancy and tax for your business in quick, easy to understand lessons, as well as lots of useful resources, templates and checklists.
After completing this course, you'll be able to run your business with confidence and have more time to focus on growing your business and helping your clients.
Module 1: Setting Up
What you'll learn:
- How to create a business plan to maximise your chances of success
- How to work out who your ideal customer is
- How to protect yourself as a business owner
- How to tell when it's time to make the leap into full time self-employment
- How to transition smoothly from 9-5 to whenever-you-like
Module 2: Getting Paid
What you'll learn:
- How to figure out your prices
- How to create a budget and cashflow for your business
- How to create professional, branded invoices and comprehensive client contracts
- How to track invoices and deal with your income properly
- How to deal with late-paying clients
- The ins and outs of business banking
Module 3: Keeping Track of Your Money
What you'll learn:
- How to account for your business
- Common accountancy jargon you'll often hear and what it actually means
- How to create a fuss-free bookkeeping system tailored to your business
- The easiest way to track your income and expenses
- How to organise and store your invoices and receipts
Module 4: Dealing With Tax
What you'll learn:
- How to make sure you’re paying the right amount of tax
- The details you need to know but are easy to miss
- Which expenses you can claim
- How to fill in your tax return without stressing out
- How to deal with extras (National Insurance, student loans, pensions)
BONUS LESSON # 1: Useful Tech For Business Owners
I share the best tech available to help you keep your business running smoothly wherever you are.
BONUS LESSON #2: Common Mistakes New Business Owners Make and How To Avoid Them
We'll discuss the most common business errors and how you can avoid them.
PLUS you'll get the following resources:
- Customer avatar template
- Business plan template
- Making the leap checklist
- Financial tables and cashflow template
- Invoice template
- Invoice checklist
- Contract template
- Contract checklist
- Invoice tracking spreadsheet
- Income and expenses tracking spreadsheet
- Tax return checklist
- List of allowable expenses (printable)
Who is Easy Numbers for?
Business owners who are just starting out and those already in business needing some practical guidance. No matter how experienced you are, if you’re feeling overwhelmed by all the admin tasks vying for your attention, this course will help you to get it together by breaking down everything you need to know into simple, easy to follow lessons and providing helpful templates and checklists.
People who want to be in control of their business. This course will teach you everything you need to know to get to grips with managing your business, provides step by step tutorials and give you the resources to go in-depth and really get to know your business. No jargon, no BS.
Busy business owners who want to spend less time on admin and more time doing the work they’re passionate about. Easy Numbers provides tons of easy to use resources to help you work more efficiently so you can spend your precious time doing what you love instead of chasing invoices.
People who want to learn how to run a successful business. Everything you need to run a thriving business, from creating your business plan, setting up client contracts and dealing with tax is covered and made simple in this course.
Who is Easy Numbers NOT for?
People who don’t really care about managing their business. This course is for those who want to get to know their business and learn how to give it the best chance at success, as well as how to deal with the must-knows like bookkeeping and dealing with tax. If you’re looking to outsource everything, this course isn’t for you.
People looking for mindset training. I’m a big believer that mindset is important, but the purpose of this course is to teach you the practical steps you need to take to run your business properly.
Business owners who are not based in the UK. My knowledge is based on the UK system, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to confirm whether the information is correct for business owners based in other countries.
So what are you waiting for? Enrol now to learn everything you need to know to keep your business running, stress-free.
"Thank you! You encouraged me to go freelance because accounts aren’t scary!"
- Jess, The Crown Wings
StartSetting the right prices for your business (2:55)
StartHow to use financial tables (2:24)
StartOpening a business bank account (3:25)
StartWhy you need to use client contracts (2:10)
StartWhat to include in an effective client contract (2:20)
StartHow to create a professional invoice template (4:06)
StartSave time by using an invoice tracker (1:22)
StartHow to deal with late payments (3:34)
Hi, I'm Julia, and I want to help you succeed.
I'm a financial coach with an accountancy background and I'm passionate about helping small businesses understand their finances. That's why I created Easy As VAT, a website which helps business owners to take control of their finances and shows you exactly how to do what you need to - in a way that's easy to put into practice.
"If you're a blogger and you're having trouble sorting out your finances I can't recommend Easy As VAT enough!
- Jordan, Hello Miss Jordan
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
- Terri, TW Digital